GTA Online is one of those MMOs that can pull you in and never let you go. After you’ve managed to set up the game performance - to get some help on this, you should read our guide on how to view FPS in GTA V, and you can start playing the game and forget about everything else. If you want to monitor how much time you've spent in GTA Online or how many hours you've played with each character in Story Mode, here are the best ways to view gametime in GTA Online.
How to show your time spent in GTA 5 Online with in-game setting on all platforms
- Launch the game
- Join GTA Online
- When your character loads, press ESC to enter the main menu. (On consoles, press Start)
- Scroll the main menu options until you reach the STATS menu.
- The Career tab shows the basic stats on the Statistics page, including the playtime (Time Spent in GTA Online), along with information about how much GTA$ you've scraped together and how many players you've killed, or how many times you've been killed.
How to show time spent with a GTA V single-player character
Another interesting information is how many times you've played each character in Story Mode. To view this, follow these steps:
- Launch the game
- Start Story mode (if the game launches straight into GTA Online, you can press A on the loading screen to switch to Story Mode).
- When the game loads, press ESC (or Start on consoles) to enter the main menu.
- Go to the Stats menu.
- Select the General tab on the left; this is also where you can switch between Michael, Franklin, and Travis.
- The different character statistics will be shown on the right side of the page, such as Time Played as a Character, Missions passed, and a lot more "Time Spent" statistics, walking, swimming, etc.
- To find out how you can view your total GTA 5 Story Mode playtime, you can simply add the three main characters’ Times played as character times.
How to view time spent in GTA Online on PC in Epic Games
Epic Games Store has its statistics for games launched via the Epic Game launcher, although it requires a tiny change to view the playtime. Also, it's important to note that Epic Games shows the playtime only for installed games. Here is how you can view the time you've played GTA V and GTA Online via Epic Games:
- Start the Epic Games launcher
- Go to the Library page
- At the top of the page, you can sort the list and apply filters, but in this case, you need to change the view from grid to list.
- Find GTA Online in the list, and next to the game, you can find the time you've spent in the game.
- You can also view the playtime by clicking on the "..." icon.
How to view hours played check playtime in GTA V on PC with Steam
The Steam App also offers gametime statistics, which are easy to view. The difference is that Steam shows playtime even if you've uninstalled the game. Here are the steps to find how much you've played GTA V via Steam:
- Open the Steam app on your PC.
- Go to the Steam Games Library Home page.
- Find GTA V in the list and click on it.
- The hours played are shown in the same bar where you can Install/Play the game. It also includes the playtime you’ve played GTA V with remote play.
These are the best ways to show how many hours you’ve played GTA Online or GTA V Story Mode. Some consoles, like Xbox one, also track the playtime, and the solutions listed above work for Red Dead Redemption 2 too. If you want to know how you can view your playtime in other games, you should read our guide about viewing playtime in World of Tanks.