How To Change Name in League of legends
It might be years since you started playing League, and almost everyone has regretted their chosen in-game name for once in their entire lives. Maybe they have grown past their favorite anime? Or perhaps it is pretty offensive for other people. Nevertheless, an option to change names in League of Legends is a great thing to have. To make it easier for you, here is a guide on “how to change name in LoL.”
Is There Anything New About The Usernames and Summoner Names?
Yes! If you did not know, Riot Games recently unlinked all the summoner names available in the video game with their usernames and regions.
It might be confusing to new players, but the username is what you input in the login screen, and it is changed on the Riot Games website. On the other hand, your summoner name is what you see in-game (League of Legends). The American video game company also sent out emails telling people about the change and requiring some users to change their Riot usernames.
How Do I Exactly Change My Summoner Name In League of Legends?
- Log in to League of Legends using your Riot username and password.
- On the home page, click on the store button located in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Again, click on the account option located in the upper-right corner of the store. Its icon contains a man in front of a cogwheel.
- Click on the account page on the left side and press Summoner Name Change.
- Now, changing your Summoner Name is not free. You have to pay 1300 Riot Points or 13900 Blue Essence to continue with this option.
- If you have the required funds, type your next Summoner Name and click on the “Check Name” box to know if your desired name is currently available.
- Press either the 1300 Riot Points or 13900 Blue Essence box, depending on your chosen currency payment
Is There A Way To Achieve Summoner Name Change Option For Free?
If you do not want to pay 1300 Riot Points or 13900 Blue Essence for a simple name change, good news because, Riot Games usually makes exceptions for some players to change their names for free! This is only applicable to people who want to change spacing and/or capitalization in their summoner names.
In order to do a free name change, you have to email Riot support and indicate the change you want for your name. Remember, Riot Games will accept your request if you want a simple change like “jhinmain” to “Jhin Main.”
How Do I Change My Name In League of Legends Wild Rift?
The good thing is Riot Games waived the payment for Wild Rift (WR) name changes. The in-game name in WR is linked to your Riot ID, meaning the ID you have is the same when playing other games by Riot, like Valorant and Legends of Runeterra. Here is how you change your name in Wild Rift:
- Go to the Riot Games website and input your username and password.
- After logging in, you will see the Riot Account Management page now click on the Riot ID tab on the left side of your screen.
- Type the Riot ID and tagline you prefer, then click the “save changes” box.
- Enjoy your new Riot ID on all the games made by Riot!
Remember that a Riot ID and tagline should be unique. This applies to all regions and players, which is why it will be pretty challenging to use the exact ID you desire. Additionally, you can only change your Riot ID after 30 days, so use this option wisely!
Can I Exchange League of Legends Skins For A Summoner Name Change?
Unfortunately, this option is currently not available in the game. The skins that you buy in League of Legends will be permanent in your account, and all of the cosmetics are not exchangeable.
Can I Trade My League of Legends Champions For A Summoner Name Change?
No. The reason is the same with the skins. However, it is possible if you obtain champions in Hextech crafting and convert them into Blue Essence. In this way, you can pay for a summoner name change that costs 13900 BE.
Is There A Limitation In League Names When Changing Them?
Yes! Here are a few rules when it comes to changing your summoner name:
- All summoner names must not have profanity and inappropriate terms.
- Summoner names should not have the term “Riot” in them, regardless of capitalization.
- Players should not include personal information in their summoner name, like their real name, address, or bank details. These names may be subject to change by Riot Games.
- The length of a name must be at least three characters and no more than 16 characters.
- League of Legends players can use special characters as long as it is available in their selected language.
- Everyone that wants a new name should not try to impersonate an esports professional. If Riot Games finds out about your name, it may be subject to a change.
Player Inactivity and Summoner names
When a player does not play League for a very long time, their summoner name will be tagged as “inactive.”
These types of names can be claimed by another player when they purchase a summoner name change. Inactivity can range from six months to three years, depending on the account level.
Do not fret since Riot Games will give you a free option to change your name once your original summoner name has been claimed.
That ends the guide to change your Riot ID and name in League of Legends and Wild Rift. It is not a hard process per se, but it might be confusing to inexperienced players.
Nevertheless, what you need is a huge amount of blue essence or Riot Points. Remember the limitations for a new name since it might be changed by Riot in the future.