How to Show Ping in League of Legends
Find out the easiest method to show ping in League of Legends. Learn how to show ping LoL and increase your ping using the best tips just here!
When playing any type of multiplayer game over the internet, one of the most important factors that will allow us to win or lose games is ping. If ping is lower, no matter how much we position ourselves to dodge our enemy's bullets, we will always end up losing. Here we will show you the ultimate guide about how to show ping League of Legends. Let 's start!
Ways to show your ping in League of Legends
As we have mentioned, ping in an online game is everything. If while playing League of Legends By RIOT Game or any other title, you see how your character jumps, as if teleporting or that the character does not move with the usual fluidity or that you expected, it is a symptom that something is not working correctly.
1. Type Ctrl + F
Although it is true that we can use a third-party application to measure both the ping and the number of frames per second that any game shows us, some, such as League of Legends, allow us to access that information so that it is displayed on the screen at all times.
In order for the ping that we have in our connection to be displayed on the screen, we must just follow some simple steps :
- Open the game client
- Start a game in your prefered mode
- Use the key combination Control + F (Ctrl F)
This method will help you to show FPS in League of Legends. So you will have very good information you can use to fix your League of Legends settings to get a better gaming experience.
2. Change your client settings
In case you followed the instructions and still can't see how much League of Legends ping you have. Then you can try the "long" form to achieve this goal. Don't worry, it's not complicated at all:
- Open your game League of Legends client.
- Click the gear icon located at the top right of the client (Also known as game settings).
- Click on the "Hotkeys" window.
- Then click Display.
- Then go to "Toggle FPS Display" and select your desired command.
After that, you must start a League of Legends game and test that the key you have selected to show your ping has been configured correctly. Simple!
Knowing your connection speed as well as your FPS are a good way to stay away from the League of Legends rankeds if your internet connection is not optimal. On the other hand, you can take a look at our guide on how to increase FPS in League of Legends and discover the best tricks and techniques to improve the visual quality of the game and play any role you want in Summoner's Rift with greater ease.
How to show your ping to other players
Sometimes, your internet connection will not be as stable as possible, which can make your character not move as smoothly, your abilities may not be released on time, you can’t avoid enemy champions abilities and generally making your gaming experience a real pain.
At these times, you would like to notify the rest of the teammates that you are not playing badly on purpose, but that your internet connection is unstable. Some players will appreciate knowing this, and will take action accordingly.
Showing the ping to other players is a fairly simple action with these simple steps:
- Make sure your FPS and Ping are showing in the game. To do this you should use the command ctrl + F or follow the instructions mentioned above.
- Place your mouse on the ping indicator.
- Press Alt + Left Click .
- A short message will appear in chat showing your current ping to other players.
- Only players on your team will be able to see this message.
Tips to reduce high ping in LoL
In case you have continuous connection problems and a high ping issue during your games. Here is a quick list of tips that can be useful so that it does not happen again and you will improve your League of Legends ping:
- Check your internet connection and the capacity of your Router (If you use a Wifi connection to play).
- Refresh your IP Address (This may help your latency game connection).
- Improve the quality of your internet connection by acquiring a connection through fiber optics or improving the service with your internet provider (It may lower ping so much!).
- Switch from a Wi-Fi connection to an Ethernet Cable connection. (It is the method that improves your ping in 95% of cases, avoid packet loss and ping spikes)
- Check if you’re playing on the right game server created for your country.
Note: To check if your ping is better or you have low ping, you can always use any online speed test tool.
Sometimes the game server can be overloaded, so be patient if this is happening. If this is the case, any ping issue or lag issue you are presenting must be solved just waiting a little bit for RIOT to solve the problem.
You can take a look at our exclusive guide on the best healer champions LoL if you like playing support roles in summoner's rift, or on the other hand, you can also take a look at our guide on the best assassins champions in LoL. Remember to give your best in each game and follow our tips to improve your ELO easily. See you at Summoner's Rift!