How To Easily Record Overwatch 2 Gameplay And Clips
If you ever rued about not recording your killstreaks, mind-blowing headshots (pun intended), or other unforgettable moments from Overwatch 2, now is the time to turn things around and start recording Overwatch 2 highlights and clips whenever you desire. This article will guide you through various ways to record gameplay in Overwatch 2 in a breeze without using a capture card.
What’s The Best Way To Record Overwatch 2 Gameplay and Clips?
The best way to record Overwatch 2 gameplay is by utilizing the GeForce Experience or Radeon ReLive, depending on whether you have an Nvidia or AMD graphic card.
These programs are the best choice among many other comparable programs because they have all the necessary features to capture Overwatch 2 videos and clips in just a few clicks.
Plus, they are easily grasped so that anyone can use them without having to install any additional gameplay capture software.
How To Record Overwatch 2 Clips In A Few Clicks?
The most unambiguous way to record Overwatch 2 clips in just a few clicks is by using the Xbox Game Bar. So if you have Windows 7 or 8 (which supports Overwatch 2), it's time to upgrade cause you won't be able to use this method.
In any case, Xbox Game Bar is a gaming overlay software that comes pre-installed with Windows 10 and above, which allows using the various widgets for your PC games, including the game capturing.
To begin recording Overwatch 2 using the Xbox Game Bar, you won't need to set up anything or install anything; simply press the Windows button + G, click on the Capture widget and click on the "Start Recording." Alternatively, you can use the Windows button + Alt + R to record videos manually or the Windows button + Alt + G to record clips for up to 30 seconds.
The Best Methods Of Recording Gameplay and Clips In Overwatch 2
We'll now show you the hand-picked pieces of software which you can use to record the Overwatch 2 gameplay. After testing dozens of different software, we opted for the three finest ones.
Furthermore, we included the second-best alternatives in the "honorable mention" list at the bottom of the article. So keep reading, and you'll discover what choice we made and learn how to use these programs through the step-by-step guides.
Method #1: Nvidia GeForce Experience
For those on team green, here's how to record Overwatch 2 using the GeForce Experience:
- Download and install the latest edition of the program, and it will auto-run once you do install it.
- Click on the settings cog icon found in the upper right corner of the main menu.
- Enable the in-game overlay by ticking the button.
- Select the "Settings" under the in-game overlay tab, and you'll find various options such as keyboard hotkeys or the default video folder.
- Finally, select the " Video Capture" after setting up other options (completely optional).
Although video settings will be pre-configured based on your GPU's power, you can change things according to your preference. Here, you'll be able to change frame rate, bit rate, video quality, resolution, and much more.
Then, while in Overwatch 2, simply press one of two keyboard hotkeys to begin recording (Alt + F9 for manual recording or Alt + F10 for clips), and you'll find your Overwatch 2 videos recorded using the GeForce Experience in the C:\Users\<Username>\Videos folder.
Method #2: Radeon ReLive
If you're on a team red and would like to record Overwatch 2 using the Radeon ReLive, follow these steps:
- Visit the AMD official website and download Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition. After installing the program, you'll need to restart your PC.
- Once you do, open the AMD Radeon settings and select the ReLive tab.
- There, tick the ReLive button to enable this function.
Similar to the GeForce Experience, you'll now be able to change various audio, video, and other settings. But what makes Radeon ReLive stand out is the option to create Instant Gifs in Overwatch 2, which is a feature that's exclusive to this program.
Once you're ready to start recording, press down the Ctrl + Shift + R, and you'll find Overwatch 2 videos and clips in the C:\Users\<Username>\Videos\Radeon ReLive folder.
Method #3: Outplayed
If neither of the previously shown methods isn't your preference, here's how you can record Overwatch 2 gameplay using the Outplayed:
- Download the current version of Outplayed, and when you open it for the first time, you'll have to select your game (if supported). Fortunately, Overwatch is among these games, so select it and click on “Next.”
- Then, you'll have an option to adjust the video quality, so choose one of the preset profiles or customize it yourself, then proceed to the next step.
- After adjusting the video settings, you'll now need to allocate disk space by selecting the size limit for Overwatch 2 videos and clips. Set this according to your disk space, and you'll also have an option to change the default clips and videos folder there.
- Finally, you'll get to the "Manual capture on demand" prompt, where you'll be able to change default keyboard hotkeys. Click on "Done" once you're ready to start using Outplayed.
You can now select the capture mode and choose whether you want to capture only the highlights, an entire match, a full session, or record videos and clips manually.
To do so, press down the Ctrl + F4 keyboard hotkey for videos or Ctrl + F3 for replay (clips). The default Outplayed storage folder for videos and clips is in the C:\Users\<Username>\Videos\Overwolf\Outplayed folder.
How To Record Overwatch 2 Gameplay On Xbox
To record and share Overwatch 2 clips on your Xbox console, hold down the dedicated share button in the middle of the controller, then hold it down again to stop recording.
How To Record Overwatch 2 Gameplay On PlayStation
Comparably, to record and share Overwatch 2 clips or videos on your PlayStation console, press the dedicated share button twice and press it again two times to stop recording.
How To Record Overwatch 2 Gameplay On Nintendo Switch
Recording on Nintendo Switch works the same for both regular and split controllers. To begin recording Overwatch 2 on your Nintendo Switch, press and hold the capture button on the left side of the controller or on the left part of the controller, depending on the type of controller.
Other Mentionable Ways Of Recording Overwatch 2 Gameplay
As promised, here are the honorable mentions of second-best ways to record Overwatch 2:
- OBS (
- Fraps (Supports recording resolution up to 7680x4800, hasn't received a single update since 2013)
- Adobe Captivate (Ideal for making Overwatch 2 guides with annotations, comes with a monthly subscription)
- Gamecaster (Easy to use and supports plugins, can't record above 1080p resolution)
- Shadowplay (Exquisite audio/video quality, only works with Nvidia GPUs)
Unless you have a specific preference for game recording software, you must have found some of your favorites in this article. Whichever game recording software you decide to use, we hope you'll record some impressive Overwatch 2 moments and share them with everyone! And if you record your games to earn money from playing Overwatch, make sure to check out this article: How To Earn Money Playing Overwatch