8 Legit Ways To Get Free Fortnite Skins
With some of the 1000+ items in the Fortnite Item Shop costing 2000 V Bucks each it’s no surprise Fortnite fans are clamoring for a free alternative to obtain baller Fortnite skins. Luckily, beside getting skins or Battle Pass via a gifting feature, there are couple of methods to obtain Fortnite goodies without spending a dime – and here they are!
Earn Free Fortnite Skins Through Offer Walls
If you’ve never participated in an offer wall you’ve come to the right place to learn! An offer wall is a website that pays users for completing tasks like participating in online surveys.
A quick Google search will leave you overwhelmed with the sheer quantity of offer walls on the internet. With so many options how can you know which of these offer walls is the most trustworthy? Luckily, you don’t have to worry about that, because we’ve sorted through the most popular offer walls to point you in the right direction.
Freecash.com is TheGlobalGaming’s top pick for a trustworthy offer wall. The most unique feature of Freecash.com is their $1 unlimited surveys. Freecash pays a flat $1 for each survey you complete in this category. This is a massive pay increase compared to the offer walls out there. On top of the $1 surveys is a fun and addictive leaderboard system.
Freecash offers cash payouts in PayPal, as well as popular crypto
currencies like Bitcoin or Ethereum, they also offer payouts in popular
gift cards like Amazon or Steam, and most importantly Freecash offers
payouts in V Bucks. If you cash out in V Bucks you’ll be able to redeem
your Freecash payout for free Fortnite skins. Here is how you can earn coins, and redeem them for V Bucks.
- Register for a Freecash account. Use the code “TGG” to receive 100 coins as a welcome bonus.
- Complete surveys, get a top rank on the leaderboards, or participate in any of their other offers to earn coins.
- Earn a minimum of 10,000 coins.
- Once you’ve earned 10,000 coins you can click the “cashout” button at the top bar of the Freecash.com
- Now you can select Fortnite from the list of cash out options, then choose the amount of V Bucks you’d like to redeem for.
A fantastic feature of Freecash is their rapid redemption time. On Freecash you’ll receive your cash out reward within just a few minutes of cashing out. Other offer walls will take hours, and sometimes even days to give you your hard earned rewards. With Freecash.com cashouts starting at just $0.10 paired with quick redemption times makes Freecash a stellar offer wall choice.
On top of Freecash.com there are more viable offer walls to choose from. A few sites to consider are Swagbucks, RewardXP, and Clickloot.
We prefer Freecash, but each of these sites function similarly. You’re able to complete tasks like playing mobile games, referring friends, or filling out surveys in order to earn points. These points can then be redeemed for cash, gift cards, and in some cases V Bucks! All of these offer walls are viable options, but we stand by our choice of Freecash.com as the best offer wall to earn free Fortnite skins.
Get Free Skins Through the Battle Pass
The most popular method to earn free skins in Fortnite is through the Fortnite Battle Pass. The Fortnite Battle Pass gives players free exclusive rewards, like skins, gliders, back bling, and even V Bucks for every level they earn in a Fortnite season. Some of the rarest Fortnite skins have been a part of the battle pass. Black Knight is the most prominent example.
Some newer players may not even realize that at one point Epic Games included skins for free in the battle pass. From Fortnite Season 8 - 11 there were battle pass skins available for free to any player, just for leveling up through the game.
The Battle Pass costs 950 V Bucks for your first purchase. While that may not sound free an important key point is that it’s just for your first purchase of the Battle Pass. Each Battle Pass has over 950 V Bucks available to earn through just playing Fortnite. Therefore, as long as you level up enough each season, the next season's Battle Pass will be free!
You can earn a couple hundred V Bucks per season without the Battle Pass to save up for your first purchase, or you can earn the initial V Bucks through an offer wall like Freecash.com.
Epic Games Promotional Offers
Another fantastic method for getting free Fortnite skins is through Epic Games promotional offers. These can come in many different forms. The gist of it is on occasion Epic Games will partner with another company to give Fortnite players an opportunity to receive a free in-game item. A famous case of an Epic Games promotional offer was with the Honor Guard skin.
The only way to obtain the Honor Guard skin in game is to complete the Huawei Fortnite skin promotion. Here are the steps you can take to redeem this skin. Take note that you must own a Huawei Honor View20 phone to redeem the Honor Guard skin.
- Open up the AppGallery app on your Huawei Honor View20.
- Follow this click path once the AppGallery is open “Me” to “Gift” to “Honor Guard Outfit Banner”
- After clicking the “Honor Guard Outfit Banner” you’ll see your code to redeem your Honor Guard skin. You can click the “Click to Copy the Code” button, or highlight the code and copy it.
- Paste your code into the redemption bar found at Fortnite.com/Redeem you may have to sign into your Epic Games account first.
Console bundles are special offers where a gaming console comes with a unique code to be redeemed within Fortnite for a free cosmetic item. Some examples are the WildCat Nintendo Switch Bundle, Xbox One S Fortnite Bundle, and the Playstation 4 Battle Royale Bundle. Each of these bundles comes with between 500 and 2000 V Bucks, as well as exclusive skins, gliders, or other in game cosmetics.
To receive these free in game items all players have to do is follow these steps.
- Purchase an eligible Fortnite Gaming Console Bundle.
- Find your unique redemption code inside the console’s box.
- Head over to Paste Fortnite.com/Redeem
- Paste your code into the redemption bar found at Fortnite.com/Redeem you may have to sign into your Epic Games account before redeeming.
Amazon/Twitch Prime Skins
If you’re an Amazon Prime member you may not know that there are free skins available for you. Amazon Prime members are automatically also Twitch Prime members. Twitch Prime offers players one free Twitch subscription to your favorite streamer, as well as a plethora of in game items.
The games you can receive free Twitch Prime items are not just limited to Fortnite. Other popular games like Valorant, Apex Legends, Doom Eternal, and many more! If you’re an Amazon Prime member follow these simple steps to get free Fortnite skins.
- Head over to https://gaming.amazon.com/home
- Once you’ve arrived, sign into your Amazon Prime account, and link your Twitch account.
- Look for Fortnite among the list of free game rewards. (Rewards change regularly, so be sure to check back on a regular basis).
- All that’s left is to link your Epic Games account so headover to EpicGames.com and sign into your Epic Games account.
- After signing in, hover over your account name in the top right corner of the screen. Select “account” in the drop down menu.
- From the menu on the left side of the screen select “Connected Accounts” and press the blue “connect button” under the Twitch logo. After signing into Twitch you’re all set!
Fortnite regularly hosts Fortnite Battle Royale tournaments where top placing teams earn free in-game cosmetics. A prime example of a free Fortnite skin being given as a tournament prize was The Venom Cup. During the Venom Cup players battled it out in Fortnite Battle Royale for a chance to win the popular Marvel Character Venom’s Fortnite skin.
The Venom skin prize was even more prestigious than you may think. The winner of the tournament received the skin before Epic Games released it in the Fortnite Item Shop.
Meaning they were the only player in Fortnite Battle Royale to have the Venom outfit for a brief period of time. Epic Games hosts tournaments like The Venom Cup regularly so be sure to check out the competition tab in Fortnite regularly.
If you want to participate in more tournaments with bigger prizes we have a tip for you! You need to level up higher in Arena. As you gain more hype in Arena you move up through three tiers of difficulty: Open League, Contender League, and Champions League. Each of these leagues have different tournaments hosted regularly. As you progress higher the rewards get more rare and valuable. The Champions League even has cash prize tournaments, so get grinding your Arena hype points!
If you see a tournament is live now follow these steps to enter.
- Click on the “Compete” tab in the Fortnite main menu. Here you will be able to see details on upcoming tournaments.
- Read details of upcoming tournaments to find a tournament you want to enter. Be sure to mark the date and time on your calendar.
- Log into Fortnite on the day of your tournament, and click on “PLAY” on the Battle Royale banner..
- Click the change game mode section, all tournaments will be under the “Fortnite Competitive” section. Select your tournament from this list.
- Click the “PLAY!” button as normal, and get after those top placements!
Fortnite will often give away free skins around major holidays. The most recent example of this came this past Christmas season. Epic Games had a Winterfest over the holiday season, in which they had the Christmas Lodge.
Players were able to enter the Christmas lodge for free every day and redeem one present. There were two free Fortnite skins given away in the Winterfest Christmas Lodge. Polar Peely and Krisabelle. Polar Peely has become a fan favorite since the free Fortnite outfit was released. The skin was teased before release, which garnered Polar Peely a massive amount of hype within the Fortnite community.
Keep your eyes peeled for any other exclusive upcoming holiday offers from Epic Games. Currently there are no holiday promotions in Fortnite, but for future reference this is how you could have redeemed Polar Peely from the Christmas Lodge.
- Launch the Fortnite game on your preferred gaming system.
- Click “PLAY” on the Battle Royale banner to get to the main menu.
- Once on the main menu click the blue snowflake icon in the top right of your screen.
- Press “Enter the Lodge” once in the lodge click on the far right hand side of your screen.
- You will now see a tall blue present. Click on the present to select it for opening.
- Hold the button prompt to open the present. Then click equip and you’re all set to snag a dub with Polar Peely.
If you’re feeling lucky, giveaways may be your best shot at getting some free Fortnite skins. There are a whole host of companies and Fortnite content creators that give away in game cosmetics and V Bucks.
There are so many Fortnite streamers and influencers that host giveaways, so you shouldn’t have much trouble finding any. However, if you’re struggling to find some you can follow this step by step guide.
- Open Instagram app or other social media site.
- Search #FortniteGiveaways to effectively filter active giveaways.
- Cross your fingers and hope you win!
Free Skin Generators
Before we cap off this article we need to add a disclaimer around free skin generators. If you stumble across a free skin generator on your search for free Fortnite skins you should know that these do not work. On top of them not working, oftentimes free skin generators are looking to scam their users. This is why we at TheGlobalGaming recommend you stay away from any free skin generators. The other avenues listed in this article are safer, and they actually work!
As you can see there are several different methods you can employ right now to earn free skins in Fortnite. However, the best way to flex on your foes is by showing them you have some V Bucks to throw around. Therefore, you should consider purchasing a skin like the ones listed in Best Bunny Skins Fortnite. You can also look for more skins you like here at The Best 50 Skins For You To Stand Out In Fortnite.