How to Go into Spectator Mode in Minecraft
Besides using a Trident, spectator mode allows players to have the ability to fly around the map without any kind of interaction with the world. this helps many Minecrafters get an idea of where things are and where to go as they are adventuring in each Minecraft world. Especially where to create a survival house! Let's take a look at how you can access Spectator Mode.
How to Access Spectator Mode in Minecraft
In order to go into Spectator Mode in Minecraft, you must do the following:
- Go to the main menu and go to "Open to LAN"
- Select "Cheats: ON" and then generate LAN World
- Once this is completed go to the chat bar (select "T") and type "/gamemode spectator"
- If done correctly you will be sent into Spectator Mode instantly!
Spectator Mode gives players the ability to not only fly around the map, but also appear invisible to mobs, spectate through blocks without the need to mine, or even see invisible entities within the Java Edition. This allows you to find things like:
- End Crystal
- Primed TNT
- Armor Stand
Make sure you are in the most updated version of Minecraft to use Spectator Mode in Bedrock Edition. As it is a new feature in this version and any other versions before it will not have access. In order to activate Spectator Mode in Bedrock Edition, you must:
- Go to the main menu and select Game and "Enable Cheats".
- Go back to the Minecraft world and select the chat bubble on the top of the screen (or if on PC, select "T".
- Type in the chat bar "/gamemode 6" to enable Spectator Mode.
- If done correctly, your UI will disappear, and you will be flying in Spectator Mode.
The spectator game mode in Bedrock Edition is very similar to Java Edition, and it will appear similar to creative mode features. Other game mode options that are in Java Edition will not be available in Minecraft Bedrock.
Bedrock Edition for this flying mode involves the following platforms:
- Nintendo Switch
- PC (Choice of download)
- Pocket Edition
Whether you are in Nintendo Switch or PC with the Bedrock version, you will be able to see through blocks like X ray vision. Similar as mentioned to creative mode.