How to make Brawlhalla fullscreen? [Quick Fix]
5 ways to toggle fullscreen in Brawlhalla on Windows PC.
Playing Brawlhalla in windowed mode is charming, but sometimes you just have to duke it out in fullscreen, y’know?
Going fullscreen in Brawlhalla has its own advantages: better field vision, clearer view of weapon pickups, closer admiration of your cosmetic items, to name a few.
Brawlhalla currently does not have a true exclusive fullscreen mode, so we’ll be teaching you how to play Brawlhalla in borderless windowed mode and also how to reduce input lag. This is essentially windowed mode, but stretched to fill your screen as though it's displayed in fullscreen.
Here are 5 quick fullscreen tips you can use today for this beloved F2P platform fighter.
Solution 1: Use Alt-Enter or F11 to play fullscreen in Brawlhalla
These are universal keyboard shortcuts for players to toggle games to go full screen mode on Windows PC. If you tap [Alt] and [Enter] together, Brawlhalla should be able to go fullscreen. If that didn’t work originally, tap it twice.
You can also troubleshoot by using [F11] key. Go through the checklist below:
- Press [Alt] [Enter] once or twice to go fullscreen.
- Press [F11] key once to go fullscreen.
- Hold [Fn] and press [F11] key once to go fullscreen.
If these troubleshoots did not work, let’s try adjusting your settings from within the game. Head to solution 2.
Solution 2: Change your Display mode through in-game preference settings in Brawlhalla
Inside the Brawlhalla preference menu, you can change display modes. If you set [Fullscreen], it will trigger Borderless Windowed mode. The game will automatically adjust to your monitor’s resolution.
To change your display mode, head to Brawlhalla’s options menu.
- At your home screen, bring your attention to the top right side.
- Under your account icon, click on an icon that looks like a wrench. 🔧
- Click on [System settings].
- Find the [Display mode] setting and choose [Fullscreen].
If this didn’t work:
- Select [Windowed] mode first, and apply settings.
- After going into Windowed mode, change display mode back to [Fullscreen].
As stated above, Brawlhalla should automatically adjust to your monitor’s resolution. However, if you do experience blurry visuals from this new setting, head to solution 4 and 5 for more details on how to fix it.
Solution 3: Play Brawlhalla using Borderless Gaming Application
Another easy solution is by using a third party app called Borderless Gaming. It can force Brawlhalla into Borderless fullscreen mode, and can be downloaded here: CodeUSA’s Borderless Gaming.
After you download “Borderless Gaming”, install it and do the steps below:
- Open [Borderless Gaming], while Brawlhalla is running.
- Select the game: Brawlhalla in the left column.
- Click on the 3rd button to enlarge Brawlhalla to borderless mode.
- If you want to launch automatically in borderless mode, click on the 1st button.
Just remember to have Borderless Gaming opened before you play Brawlhalla. It ensures these options can apply. To revert back to window mode, use the buttons we highlighted in blue.
Solution 4: Try launching Brawlhalla with Steam Launch Options
Steam launch options is a hidden gem only for users who installed Brawlhalla on Steam.
Through this feature, playerscan force almost any game in their steam library to open in either Windowed, Borderless Windowed, Fullscreen mode.
How you can use Steam Launch Options to force fullscreen:
- Find Brawlhalla in your Steam Library.
- Right click and Select [Properties].
- In the launch options text zone, type in any of the options below you desire.
As stated in Solution 2 (using in-game settings), if your game looks blurry while in fullscreen, you can set custom width & height resolutions with Steam Launch Options to resolve this.
Just make sure you know which dimensions to set for your monitor. Usually, -w 1920 and -h 1080 is enough, but you should make sure by checking your PC display settings.
Step 1: Right click your desktop and select [Display settings].
Step 2: Scroll down to [Scale and layout] to find your display resolution.
Step 3: Click on the display resolution option, and find the Recommended option.
Once you have these dimensions, simply enter the values into Steam Launch Options with -w and -h. This forces Brawlhalla to launch at the optimal resolution for your screen.
Solution 5: Disable Fullscreen Optimizations for Brawlhalla - Improves Input Lag
If all options above could not force Brawlhalla to display in fullscreen (Remember, this is technically Borderless fullscreen) on your PC, this is a quick fix for that.
Additionally, many users from the Brawlhalla community have reported reduced input lag from this solution - which is a welcomed benefit especially for a fighting game.
How to disable Brawlhalla’s fullscreen optimizations:
- Locate your “Brawlhalla” shortcut.
- Select and press [Alt] + [Enter] to bring up your file properties.
- Tick [Disable fullscreen optimizations].
- Click [OK] to accept.
If you downloaded Brawlhalla on Steam, you’ll need to apply the solution below.
If you are on Steam:
- Go to your Steam Library.
- Click on [Local Files].
- Click on [Browse].
- Proceed with the disable fullscreen optimizations steps above.
Once done, you should be able to play Brawlhalla in fullscreen without any issues.
Hurray! You made it to the end of this guide.
Did your fullscreen issues get resolved? Each PC is different, so check out How you can go fullscreen in Genshin Impact for other useful solutions if you still need some assistance.
Till then, Legend. Enjoy beating up your opponents in fullscreen!