How to easily view your playtime in World of Warcraft on PC
Find out how you can view your hours played in World of Warcraft on PC!
Truth is, World of Warcraft is old. It is one of the real blockbuster MMORPGs, and despite its age it looks great, works great, and has a large, active community. With a new expansion just released, you might like to find out how many hours you’ve put in the game already, so you can embrace for the days and hours you are going to spend!
How to find hours played in World of Warcraft using in-game commands
Since the game is a massive multiplayer online role-playing game, it doesn’t have any save games you could load to check the current campaign time. No, you have to it another way, by using the in-game tracking system.
How many hours did I spend in WOW?
Here is how to check your playtime in World of Warcraft:
- Launch the game and log in to your account.
- Choose the character whose game time you are interested in.
- Wait for the game to do its thing and load the world and your character.
- Press “Enter” to enter the chat.
- Type in the command: /played.
- Time spent on this particular character appears in the chat window.
In case you have several characters, you have to load each, type in the command, and add together the values. There are some addons and mods you can install that could give you an overall number of hours played in the game, but if you want to keep your game clean, the method above is the way to go.
And if you spend lots of time playing Blizzard games, make sure to check out these articles: